Thursday, May 21, 2009

What the heck is important in life, anyway?  Organic food?  Good problem solving skills?  The ability to listen well?   A good digital music collection?  Sitting out under the canopy on a summer evening, always listening for the barred owl, wondering about what’s important in life? 

‘The back porch’ blog hopes to find ground in topics ranging from grandkids to nature to music to politics to relationships -- to who knows what?  I guess that’s the point, isn’t it?  

I want you to be able to expect to find something new and engaging here when you visit.  There’s lot to talk about.  Expect a  new post every Sunday evening/Monday sometime from now through the end of the year.  I figure we’ll know by then if this relationship is worth pursuing.  

From my favorite chair  here at my place, I’m going to talk to you about the stuff I find intriguing.   And I’m in the frame of mind to be a storyteller and community elder in the process.  

So you damn well better be ready to listen.   ;-)

See you next week.  And talk to me!

Tom / protom23



3 comments:

  1. I think our elders are important. I'm settling back in my chair and I'm listening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh. Are we good at s'mores around here! We often have a fire on 'the back porch' and when grandson Noah is around, he serves as master marshmallow roaster! Should we ship?

    ReplyDelete